Indeed, a 2011 study by scholars at Harvard and Tufts found that whites, on average, believed that anti-white racism was a bigger problem than anti-black racism.
Yes, you read that right!
So let me push back at what I see as smug white delusion. Here are a few reasons race relations deserve more attention, not less:
• The net worth of the average black household in the United States is $6,314, compared with $110,500 for the average white household, according to 2011 census data. The gap has worsened in the last decade, and the United States now has a greater wealth gap by race than South Africa did during apartheid. (Whites in America on average own almost 18 times as much as blacks; in South Africa in 1970, the ratio was about 15 times.)
• The black-white income gap is roughly 40 percent greater today than it was in 1967.
• A black boy born today in the United States has a life expectancy five years shorter than that of a white boy.
• Black students are significantly less likely to attend schools offering advanced math and science courses than white students. They are three times as likely to be suspended and expelled, setting them up for educational failure.
• Because of the catastrophic experiment in mass incarceration, black men in their 20s without a high school diploma are more likely to be incarcerated today than employed, according to a study from the National Bureau of Economic Research. Nearly 70 percent of middle-aged black men who never graduated from high school have been imprisoned.
that’s fucking hardcore
This will never be overshared
Breaking news: White fuckboys on twitter bitching how funny it is that Beyoncé is a feminist when she and her dancers were provocative and half naked. Despite feminism being about empowerment and a woman’s right to do whatever the hell she pleases with it, they just don’t seem to be able to grasp this concept.
In other news, men still don’t know what feminism is, still bitter that they aren’t Beyoncé and still making themselves look like asses on the internet.
And now the weather.
I bet 5 minutes later they slid up in some DM’s asking for nudes
you know these assholes had NO PROBLEM with anything in her show until that word popped up
it’s not nudity they have a problem with
it’s a woman who is empowered and in control of how when and why she dresses and dances how she wants
when their precious male gaze is questioned or dismissed, suddenly she’s a terrible feminist, and they try and shame her for the very thing that was turning them on seconds before
Firstly the shot is used to start [Ozymandias] in the flashback when Skyler is packing away the clown she sold.
The shot itself holds so much meaning because of the phone placed right next to the knives. It shows how much different Skyler is and how strong she’s become. Instead of calling for help (reaching for the phone) she reaches for a knife to defend herself and her family from the monster Walt has become.
Interestingly enough, the knife she grabs is the same knife Walt puts away in Season 2, Episode 1 “Seven Thirty-Seven”. [x]